Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lies upon lies...

I find it interesting that the union keeps up the appearance (or at least attempts to) that they fight for EVERYONE working as a Raytheon hourly employee. The simple truth is that they don't. How quickly they forget about the comments made about those that crossed the line and went to work within the first few days. How quickly they forget about their little sheet that was posted in the union hall listing the names of those that had crossed. It was there for all that were still on strike to see.

I did not agree with it then and had I known that it wasn't only unethical, but illegal, I would have made a copy of it. But then again, the union seems to make it a habit of harrassing their non-union counterparts, don't they? I have heard of things that were done around the various plants to impart the union membership's displeasure with the contract that had been offered.

I hope that they took great pride in putting my name on that list. I hope it gave them something to celebrate; that they could in some small way "get back at me" for abandoning their deceit.

It is funny (funny-ironic, not funny-ha-ha) that the union calls those of us that have begun to say "enough is enough" names and dishonest. I spin nothing. I present the truth. I believe the hourly workers are intelligent and deserve to be treated as such. People can't make an informed decision without the truth. Where else are they going to get it from? The union leadership? Even to this day those individuals in charge of the union cannot stick to facts. Instead they twist and contort the truth. I lay it bare. Granted, some of it may not be what we want to hear, but the only way to decide whether or not this union is deserving of our money, trust, and backing is for ALL the hourly workers to be informed. That is not going to happen through the union...and that is why IAMNOT933!

No comments: